The SparkFun Inventor’s Kit (SIK) for micro:bit is a great way to get creative, connected and coding with the micro:bit. The SIK for micro:bit provides not only the micro:bit board but everything you need to hook up and experiment with multiple electronic circuits! With the SIK for micro:bit you will be able to complete circuits that will teach you how to read sensors, move motors, build Bluetooth® devices and more.
The SparkFun Inventor’s Kit for micro:bit is the latest and greatest in single-board computer kits. Surrounding the micro:bit SIK is one core philosophy --- that anyone can (and should) experiment with cutting-edge electronics in a fun and playful way without breaking the bank.
The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for all users, from beginners to engineers. We have provided a complete Experiment Guide in the Documents tab for you to check out now! If you have ever been interested in learning about electronics, or if you have used the original SparkFun Inventor’s Kit and are looking for something new, the SIK for micro:bit is the perfect kit for you!
The micro:bit is a pocket-sized computer that lets you get creative with digital technology. Between the micro:bit and our shield-like bit boards you can do almost anything while coding, customizing and controlling your micro:bit from almost anywhere! You can use your micro:bit for all sorts of unique creations, from robots to musical instruments and more. At half the size of a credit card, this versatile board has vast potential!
The Kit Includes
- Circuit 0: Hello, micro:bit!
- Circuit 1: Blinking an LED
- Circuit 2: Reading a Potentiometer
- Circuit 3: Reading a Photoresistor
- Circuit 4: Driving an RGB LED
- Circuit 5: Reading an SPDT Switch
- Circuit 6: Reading a Button Press
- Circuit 7: Reading the Temperature Sensor
- Circuit 8: Using a Servo Motor
- Circuit 9: Using a Buzzer
- Circuit 10: Using the Accelerometer
- Circuit 11: Using the Compass