The Crowtail- MEMS Microphone is a simple and easy-to-use microphone for a variety of sound-sensing projects. The on-board mic is an ADMP401, which is a low-power, omnidirectional microphone with an analog output. The amplifier?s AUD output will float at one half Vcc when no sound is being picked up. The amplifier produces a peak-to-peak output of about 200mV when the microphone is held at arms length and is being talked into at normal conversational volume levels. So the AUD output can easily be connected to the ADC of a micro.
It works for both near and long-range uses and is particularly good for portable applications due to its low power consumption. It can be used on smartphones, digital video cameras and so on.
- Low-power, omnidirectional microphone.
- Both near and long-range uses.
- Mic: ADMP401
- Voltage: 5v
- Current: 250 ?A
Specifications of ADMP401
- High Signal-to-Noise Ratio (?SNR?) of 62 dBA
- Sensitivity of about -42 dBV
- Flat frequency response from 100 Hz to 15 kHz
- Low current consumption of
- Maximum acoustic input of 120 dB
- Crowtail-MEMS Microphone x 1
Wiki & External links