ESP-WROOM-32 is a powerful, generic Wi-Fi+BT+BLE MCU module that targets a wide variety of applications, ranging from low-power sensor networks to the most demanding tasks, such as voice encoding, music streaming and MP3 decoding.
The development board breaks out all the module?s pins to 0.1? headers and provides a CP2102 USB-TTL serial adapter, programming and reset buttons, and a power regulator to supply the ESP32 with a stable 3.3 V. Espressif doubled-down on the CPU resources for the ESP32 with a dual core, running at 160MHz and tons more pins and peripherals.
The integration of Bluetooth, Bluetooth LE and Wi-Fi ensures that a wide range of applications can be targeted, and that the module is future proof: using Wi-Fi allows a large physical range and direct connection to the internet through a Wi-Fi router, while using Bluetooth allows the user to conveniently connect to the phone or broadcast low energy beacons for its detection. The sleep current of the ESP32 chip is less than 5 ?A, making it suitable for battery powered and wearable electronics applications. ESP-WROOM-32 supports data rates of up to 150 Mbps, and 22 dBm output power at the PA to ensure the widest physical range. As such the chip does offer industry-leading specifications and the best performance for electronic integration, range, power consumption, and connectivity.
- Support SD card, UART, SPI, SDIO, I2C, LED PWM, Motor PWM,I2S, I2C, IRUSB-UART
- Integrated 802.11 BGN WiFi transceiver and dual-mode Bluetooth (classic and BLE)
- Hardware accelerated encryption (AES, SHA2, ECC, RSA-4096)
- Integrated LiPo Battery Charger.
- 10-electrode capacitive touch support
- Up to 240MHz clock frequency and 520kB internal SRAM
- Support Station/SoftAP/SoftAP+Station/P2P
- Support WPA/WPA2/WPA2-Enterprise/WPS
- include bridge, reset- and boot-mode buttons, LDO regulator and a micro-USB connector.
- Support AES/RSA/ECC/SHA
- Wi-Fi : 802.11 b/g/n/e/i (802.11n up to 150 Mbps)
- A- MPDU and A-MSDU aggregation and 0.4 _s guard interval support
- Frequency range : 2.4 ~ 2.5 GHz
- Bluetooth : v4.2 BR/EDR and BLE specification
- Radio : NZIF receiver with -98 dBm sensitivity, Class-1, class-2 and class-3 transmitter
- Audio : CVSD and SBC
- On-board clock : 40 MHz crystal
- Operating voltage : 2.2 ~ 3.6V
- Operating current : Average: 80 mA
- Operating temperature range : -40?C ~ 85?C
Wiki & External links