Equipped with an aerodynamic protective casing, and a LED at the tip of the switch, this LED Toggle Switch is sure to add some flair (and flare!) to your project. With this device, you can mimic a racing car, fighter jet, submarine status panel, factory controls, or anything really. They will control virtually any accessory you throw at them. Besides the LED lights up at 3V with a rated voltage of 12V max so you can use it with lower voltages. Since there's an LED inside but with only 3 pins, it?s a little different to wire than most toggle switches. The anode ( positive side) of the LED is connected through a resistor to the pin with a 'headlamp' (=D) symbol on it.
The cathode (negative side) of the LED is connected to the pin with the ground symbol, which is the pin that is sticking out the side of the switch. The switch connects and disconnects the (+) pin and the 'headlamp' pin that means you have a few options for wiring.
If you want to use the switch to turn on/off something, you can use the toggle to connect and disconnect the two pins on the bottom.
If you want the LED to always be on, provide 3-12V between the ground and headlamp pin.
If you want the LED to be on only when the switch is connected, provide 3-12V on the (+) pin and connect ground to the ground pin.
The protective cover will automatically turn the switch off when flipped closed, but you can simply remove it if it isn't desired.
- Toggle Switch and Cover - Illuminated
- Rated for 12V 20A
- Includes Missile Switch Cover
- LED can be illuminated with as low as 3.3V
- Switch Actuation Style: Rocker
- Insulation R: 500V DC 100M min
- Dielectric Strength: 1 Minute 1500V AC
- Operating Temperature: -25?C~+85?C
- Electrical Life: 10,000 Cycles
- Product Dimensions: 66.0mm x 50.0mm x 20.0mm / 2.6" x 2.0" x 0.8"
- Product Weight: 36.0g / 1.3oz
- Illuminated Toggle Switch with Cover x1
Wiki & External links