Johnny-Five is an Open Source Robotics and IoT platform based on the IO-Plugin protocol. Released by Bocoup in 2012, Johnny-Five is maintained by a community of passionate software developers and hardware engineers. Over 75 developers have made contributions towards building a robust, extensible and composable ecosystem.
The on-line Experiment Guide for the J5IK (that will be released when the kit starts shipping) contains step by step instructions of how to connect each circuit with the included parts. Full example code is provided and explained and even includes troubleshooting tips if something goes wrong.
The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for anyone comfortable learning new programming languages or if you are looking for an alternative to the original SparkFun Inventor’s Kit.
- Experiment 1: Blink
- Experiment 2: Multiple LEDs
- Experiment 3: Reading a Sensor - Potentiometer
- Experiment 4: Reading a Button
- Experiment 5: Reading a Switch
- Experiment 6: Reading a Light Sensor
- Experiment 7: Fading an LED
- Experiment 8: Controlling an RGB LED
- Experiment 9: Using an H-Bridge - Motor Control
- Experiment 10: I2C Sensor with BMP180
- Experiment 11: Moisture Sensor
- Experiment 12: LCD Screen
- Experiment 13: Shift Register + LEDs
- Experiment 14: Shift Register + Seven Segment