The SparkFun JetBot AI Kit is a robot platform that can be powered by your own Jetson Nano Developer Kit by NVIDIA. This SparkFun kit is based on the open-source NVIDIA JetBot! We understand that not everyone has access to multiple 3D printers on each floor, and a whole warehouse of electronics so we wanted to build a kit from ready to assemble parts to get you up and running as quickly as possible. This version of the SparkFun JetBot AI Kit is a great launchpad for creating entirely new AI projects for makers, students and enthusiasts who already own a Jetson Nano and are looking to take the next step with their machine learning platform. It’s straightforward to set up and use and is compatible with many popular accessories. Several interactive tutorials show you how to harness the power of AI to teach the SparkFun JetBot to follow objects, avoid collisions and more.
Additionally, the included image is delivered with the advanced functionality of JetBot ROS (Robot Operating System) and AWS RoboMaker Ready with AWS IoT Greengrass already installed. SparkFun’s JetBot AI Kit is the only kit currently on the market ready to move beyond the standard JetBot examples and into the world of connected and intelligent robotics.
The Jetson Nano Developer Kit offers useful tools like the Jetson GPIO Python library, and is compatible with common sensors and peripherals; including some new python compatibility with the SparkFun Qwiic ecosystem.
This kit includes everything you need to get started with JetBot minus a Phillips head screwdriver and an Ubuntu desktop GUI. If you need these, check out the includes tabs for some suggestions from our catalog. Please be aware that the ability to run multiple neural networks in parallel may only be possible with a full 5V-4A power supply.
- 64GB MicroSD card - Pre-flashed SparkFun JetBot image:
- Nvidia Jetbot base image with the following installed:
SparkFun Qwiic python library package
- Driver for Edimax WiFi adapter
- Jetbot ROS
- Leopard Imaging 136FOV wide angle camera & ribbon cable
- EDIMAX WiFi Adapter
- SparkFun Qwiic Motor Driver
- SparkFun Micro OLED Breakout (Qwiic)
- All hardware & prototyping electronics needed to complete your fully functional robot!
- Note - A Phillips head screwdriver is required for assembly and thanks to Qwiic soldering is no longer required!
Items not Included but you will need:
- SparkFun Qwiic ecosystem for I2C communication
- Ecosystem can be expanded using 4x Qwiic connectors on GPIO header
- Example Code for: Basic Motion, Teleoperation, Collision avoidance, & Object Following
- Compact form factor to optimize existing neural net from NVIDIA
- 136° FOV camera for machine vision
- Pre-flashed microSD card
- Chassis assembly offers expandable architecture