RTC stands for real time clock folks. The DS3234 is a low-cost, extremely accurate SPI bus RTC with an integrated temperature compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO) and crystal.
If you aren't looking to design your own breakout board, never fear, we have you covered with the DeadOn RTC Breakout!
- Battery Backup Input for Continuous Timekeeping
- High-precision (±2ppm)
- Operating Temperature Range 0°C to +70°C
- Low-Power Consumption
- Real-Time Clock Counts Seconds, Minutes, Hours, Day, Date, Month, and Year with Leap Year Compensation Valid Up to 2099
- Two Time-of-Day Alarms
- Programmable Square-Wave Output
- 4MHz SPI Bus Supports Modes 1 and 3
- Digital Temp Sensor Output: ±3°C Accuracy
- Register for Aging Trim
- Active-Low RST Input/Output
- 300-Mil, 20-Pin SO Package