This is an Arduino Can Bus shield. It is compatible with the Arduino standard interface and can be stacked on an Arduino UNO
, Leonardo or MEGA board.
The shield integrates an MCP2515 CANBUS chip on the shield and has a CAN-BUS transceiver function. With an on-board DB9 and CAN-BUS connector you can choose a suitable port according to your host device.
There is also an integrated MicroSD socket for data storage - a perfect solution for data logging applications.
What is Canbus? Controller Area Network (CAN bus) is a vehicle bus standard designed to allow microcontrollers and devices to communicate with each other in applications without a host computer. It is a message-based protocol, designed originally for multiplex electrical wiring within automobiles, but is also used in many other contexts.
- Supports standard frame, extended frame transmitting and receiving
- Supports two reception methods: Rotational and interrupt detection
- Supports UART, i2C and DB9 terminal interfaces
- Supports SD card data storage
- Supports Arduino mainboard power supply or DB9 power supply (Switch)
- Chip: MCP2515
- Power supply: 3.3 ~ 5V Arduino board power supply or DB9 interface power supply
- Dimension: 76x54x19 (mm)/ 2.99x2.12x0.75 inches
- Weight: 40g
- CAN-BUS Shield V2.0 x1
- 8-Pin header x1