"Greenhouse Effect" is melting the Earth ice core every minute and creating dangerous icebergs. By knowing the exact concentration of CO2(Carbon Dioxide), we can do something to reduce the CO2 and to protect our Earth. Here is the CO2 sensor designed by DFRobot lovely engineer.
This is the first CO2 sensor in Arduino market. The output voltage of the module falls as the concentration of the CO2 increases. The potentiometer onboard is designed to set the threshold of voltage. As long as the CO2 concentration is high enough (voltage is lower than threshold), a digital signal (ON/OFF) will be released.
- It has MG-811 sensor module which is highly sensitive to CO2 and less sensitive to alcohol and CO, low humidity & temperature dependency.
- Onboard heating circuit brings the best temperature for sensor to function. Internal power boosting to 6V for heating sensor best performance.
- This sensor has an onboard conditioning circuit for amplifying output signal.
To ease the difficulty of using this CO2 sensor, a Gravity Interface is adapted to allow plug&play. The Arduino IO expansion shield is the best match for this CO2 senor connecting to your Arduino microcontroller.
This is an electrochemical CO2 sensor, it is suitable for qualitative analysis. There are the other Infrared CO2 sensors, which could make a quantitative analysis.
Gravity: Analog Infrared CO2 Sensor For Arduino (0~5000 ppm), high precision, apply to Arduino and other microcontrollers with ADC function.
Gravity: UART Infrared CO2 Sensor (0-50000ppm), wide range, apply to Arduino, Raspberry Pi and other microcontrollers with UART function.
- Air Quality Control
- Ferment Process Control
- Room Temperature CO2 concentration Detection
- Operating Voltage:5V
- Interface: Gravity Analog
- One digital output
- High quality connector
- Immersion gold surface
- Onboard heating circuit
- Size:32x42mm (1.26x1.65")