DFRobot is very proud to release this first 802 b/g/n wifi shield in the Arduino market. The arduino shield uses WizFi210 which is a low power-consuming WIFI module which is applied with dynamic power management technology. When the WIFI module needs to be on but not work, it can be set to Standby mode a low power mode, and the module just needs to be woken up when it has to work.
The WIFI wireless module is based on WizFi210. It provides the bridging from TTL serial port communication to IEEE802.11b/g/n wireless communication. So any device with TTL serial ports can easily be connected with this WIFI module and controlled and managed remotely through a wireless network. Different kinds of communication protocols and encryption algorithms are integrated with the module. The Arduino architecture enables you to easily integrate this module into any Arduino based project. |Features|
- Bring WiFi connectivity via Serial Host Interface, compatiable with Arduino
- Quick Booting Time : under 20msec
- Ultra Low Power through Dynamic Power Management (34µA at the Standby mode)
- Operates with standard 802.11b/g/n access point at speed up to 11Mbps (802.11b)
- Security Protocol : WEP, WPA/WPA2-PSK, Enterprise, EAP-FAST, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, PEAP
- Operation Temperature : -40? ~ 85?
- Compact Size : 32 x 23.5 x 2.9 (mm)(1.26x0.93x0.11")
- CE, FCC, KCC Certified
- Supports the module with chip antenna
- Wifi Chip: WizFi210
- Radio Protocol: IEEE 802.11b/g/n Compatible
- Supported Data Rates: 11, 5.5, 2, 1 Mbps (IEEE 802.11b)
- Modulation: DSSS and CCK
- RF Operating Frequency: 2.4 - 2.497 GHz
- Antenna Options: Chip antenna and U.FL connector for external antenna
- Networking Protocols: UDP, TCP/IP (IPv4), DHCP, ARP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS Client and Server(*)
- Power Consumption(Typical): Standby = 34.0 µA Receive = 125.0 mA Transmit = 135.0 mA
- RF Output Power (Typical): 8dBm ± 1dBm
- Security Protocols: WEP, WPA/WPA2–PSK, Enterprise, EAP-FAST, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, PEAP
- I/O Interface: UART, SPI(*), I2C(*), WAKE, ALARM, GPIOs
- Power Source: 3.3V
- Dimensions(except Antenna):59 x 54 mm(2.32x2.13")
* This module is not compatible with the SPI libraries, just offers SPI interface connector.
NOTE: We have had reports that this shield is not compatible with some versions of Xirrus Routers.
- WiFi Shield V2.2 for Arduino x1
- Antenna x1