This is a pretty straight-forward HAT for bringing simple cluster computing to the Raspberry Pi A+ and B+ lines. The Cluster HAT from 8086 allows for up to 4 Raspberry Pi Zero or Zero W boards to be connected to a Raspberry Pi A+ or B+ based board (A+/B+/2/3/4). With the Pi Zeros in USB Gadget Mode, the system functions as a small-scale computer cluster. The Zeros plug directly into the HAT via on-board USB 2.0 MicroB connectors.
Note: This is just the HAT, USB interface cable, and mounting hardware. All Raspberry Pis must be purchased separately.
- Cluster HAT
- USB A to Micro B Cable (plugs HAT into host Pi)
- Mounting hardware
- USB Gadget Mode Functionality: Ethernet and Serial Console.
- Onboard 4 port USB 2.0 hub.
- Raspberry Pi Zeros are powered via Controller Pi GPIO (USB optional).
- Individual Raspberry Pi Zero power controlled via Controller Pi GPIO (I2C).
- Connector for Controller Serial Console (FTDI Basic).
- Controller Pi can be rebooted without interrupting power to Pi Zeros, network recovers on boot.