It's best to think of the ESP32-S2 WROOM Module as the next step in the ESP32 WROOM module line. It builds on the benefits of the original ESP32 WROOM Module with new and improved features such as security, display support, and increased environmental performance. Featuring transparent external flash and RAM encryption, secure boot features allowing only signed firmware, as well as included HMAC and Digital Signature modules that use software inaccessible keys to generate SHA-MAC and MAC signatures solving most of the security flaws of the previous generation.
The module features the ESP32-S2 Xtensa® single-core 32-bit LX7 microprocessor, up to 240 MHz. The module includes the same rich peripherial set you've come to expect from the ESP32 Line: 43 GPIOs, 1 full-speed USB OTG interface, SPI, I2S, UART, I2C, LED PWM, LCD interface, camera interface, ADC, DAC, touch sensor, and a temperature sensor. It can also be configured to provide USB OTG functionality or an LCD interface.
The module comes fully certified with integrated antenna and software stacks and 4MB of flash. It's operating temperature range is an expanded -40 to 125 degrees Celsius!
- ESP32-S2 embedded, Xtensa® single-core 32-bit LX7 microprocessor, up to 240 MHz
- 128 KB ROM
- 320 KB SRAM
- 16 KB SRAM in RTC
- 802.11 b/g/n
- Bit rate: 802.11n up to 150 Mbps
- A-MPDU and A-MSDU aggregation
- 0.4μs guard interval support
- Center frequency range of operating channel: 2412 ~ 2484 MHz
- Interfaces: GPIO, SPI, LCD, UART, I2C, I2S, Camera interface, IR, pulse counter, LED PWM, TWAITM (compatible with ISO 11898-1), USB OTG 1.1, ADC, DAC, touch sensor, temperature
- 40 MHz crystal oscillator
- 4 MB SPI flash
- Operating voltage/Power supply: 3.0 ~ 3.6 V
- Operating temperature range: –40 ~ 85 °C
- Dimensions: (18 × 31 × 3.3) mm
- RoHS/REACH certified
- FCC/CE-RED/SRRC Certified (RF)