The Intel® RealSenseTM LiDAR Camera L515 is Intel’s first release of a LiDAR camera enabling highly accurate depth sensing in a small form factor.
Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, the L515 is 61mm in diameter and 26mm in height. At approximately 100g, it’s designed to be easily situated on any system, or attached to a tablet or phone. It also runs at less than 3.5W, considerably lower than competing time-of-flight (TOF) solutions. As all of the depth calculations run on the device, it also has low host compute requirements, resulting in true platform independence.
With a short exposure time of <100ns per depth point, even rapidly moving objects can be captured with minimal motion blur. Optimized for indoor lighting, the L515 processes over 23 million depth points per second via a custom made ASIC. The product has been designed for use case flexibility with the inclusion of an RGB camera and an inertial measurement unit.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Antimony oxide (Antimony trioxide), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Depth Capture from 0.25 to 9m - Tested at 95% reflectivity.
- 2MP RGB Camera
- Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)
- Up to 30FPS Depth at 1024x768 (XGA)
- Up to 30FPS Color at 1920x1080 (FHD)
- Class 1 Laser Compliant
- Minimum System Requirements
- USB 3.1 Gen1
- Ubuntu*16.xx/18.04 LTS
- Windows*10 (build 15063 or later)
- Use Environment: Indoor
- Depth Technology: LiDAR
- Main Intel® RealSense™ component:
- Intel® RealSense™ Vision ASIC
- MEMS Mirror
- Depth Field of View (FOV): 70° × 55° (±2°)
- Depth Stream Output Resolution: Up to 1024 × 768
- Depth Stream Output Frame Rate: 30fps
- Minimum Depth Distance (Min-Z): 0.25m
- Technology: Laser Scanning
- Maximum Range: Approx. 9 meters at VGA resolution, with a maximum Z‑error of 15.5 mm at that distance
- RGB Sensor Resolution and Frame Rate: 1920 × 1080 at 30 fps
- RGB Sensor FOV: 70° (±3°) × 43° (±2°)
- Camera Dimension (Diameter × Height): 61×26mm
- Mounting Mechanism:
- One 1/4-20 UNC thread mounting point
- Two M3 thread mounting points