The IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ HAT Audio card for the Raspberry Pi delivers outstanding sonic performance and full-HD (24/192) audio capability with build-in hardware volume control through the standard Linux audio APIs (ALSA) using the Raspberry Pi’s I2S digital audio signals delivering much lower CPU usage and vastly improved audio quality vs. USB audio cards.
The Pi-DAC+ corresponds to the Raspberry Pi Foundation's HAT specification, includes the HAT auto configure EEPROM, camera and display cut outs, mounting holes and form factor. It's designed to deliver the best audio performance from the Raspberry Pi B+/RPi2, fit within the Pi's form factor and provide additional access to many of the Pi B+'s 40way I/O signals. The Pi-DAC+’s Phono/RCA connectors have an integrated mounting hole bringing increased rigidity when used in an case / enclosure reducing the wear and tear on the Raspberry Pi’s headers due to flexing. This along with the Pi-DAC+’s HAT mounting holes, aligned to that of the Raspberry Pi's, delivers a rock solid pairing with no concern of the audio card becoming disconnected from the Raspberry Pi during long term use.
The Pi-DAC+ provides the support for additional pin-headers providing increased flexibility to your project and easy connection to our other products. Exposed signals include Audio L+R out, amp-mute, headphone out, and the majority of the Raspberry Pi's 40way connector. Please note that The Pi-DAC+ uses GPIO22 as amp-mute.
Use raw Linux, Volumio, Raspbmc, RuneAudio, MDP or similar and listen to internet radio, your own digital music library, or streaming music services – all in magnificent audio quality. The IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ easily supports 24-bit / 192kHz file formats but is equally at home with lower quality MP3s bringing your music alive sonically.
- Fully HAT compliant accessory; EEPROM, mounting holes, WITH camera & screen flat flex cut outs
- Full-HD audio – up to 24-bit/192kHz playback
- Integrated hardware volume control (via ALSA), full 2v RMS
- Built in High quality audio headphone amplifier (TI TPA6133A)
- Class leading audio; 112db SNR, and THD of 0.0019%
- Audiophile TI Burr Brown 32-bit/384kHz DAC (TI PCM5122)
- Advanced ESD protection
- Uses the digital I2S audio signals to reduce CPU load over USB audio solutions
- Raspberry Pi powered, no external power requirements
- Industry standard audio quality Phono/RCA connectors