TIMI-130, the larger brother to the original TIMI-96 (aka TIMI), is a unique breadboard compatible display development module, aimed to speed up and reinvent the way electronic testing, development and projects are carried out, in either stand alone, host interfaced, PC tethered, or educational settings.
Wrapped in a sleek metal frame, TIMI can be viewed at any angle. Boasting a full RBG (65K vivid colors) IPS display with 240×240 resolution. TIMI-130 is a 1.3” TFT IPS LCD display module that is driven directly by a PIXXI-28 graphics processor from 4D Labs. It features a unique MatesBus interface, which is simple to use in both breadboard applications, as well as on adapters or directly into developed products.
TIMI’s main interface is a 3.3V level Asynchronous Serial UART and features three GPIO which can be used as Digital or Analog inputs, Digital Outputs, Controller I2C Communication or PWM Audio output. These interfaces arm TIMI with resources to be either a stand-alone controller, a Host driven peripheral, or a tethered test instrument, while being capable of interfacing and powering external devices itself.
TIMI-130 utilizes the BreadBoard Mates MatesBus, which is a unique interface pinout designed to be simple and easy to use.
The MatesBus is made up of two rows of five pins, 0.1” (2.54mm) pitch, spaced 0.3” (7.62mm) apart, ideal for direct plug into a breadboard, or compatible adapter or development board.
While the TIMI-130 can be orientated in any of its four positions, Portrait, Landscape, Portrait Reversed and Landscape Reversed, its natural position forms an upside-down ‘T’ shape and is designed to interface with the bottom of a breadboard, sitting closest to the User, leaving the top part of the breadboard free for components and wiring.
TIMI-130 was created as a flexible design aid, primarily to simulate components readouts and meters, which would otherwise be cumbersome or demanding on hardware resources for breadboard or electronic development. Simulating component readouts allows accelerated development and retains the often-limited GPIO hardware associated with many developments.
TIMI-130 was designed for engineers, hobbyists, and students, from beginner to advanced levels, designed to make breadboarding or project development, easier.
NOTE: Mates Stand in picture is not included and is used for demonstration purposes only, sold separately.
- Powered by 4D Labs Pixxi-28 Graphics Processor
- 240(W)x240(H) resolution TFT IPS LCD, non-touch
- RBG (65K vivid colors) display
- 3.3V (5V tolerant) Serial UART interface, capable 300 to 2187500 Baud
- Controller I2C (3.3V level) interface bus
- 3 GPIO (3.3V level), 2 capable of Analog or I2C, 1 capable of PWM Audio
- 32MB of External SPI Flash Memory
- 32KB of Processor Flash Memory
- 14KB of Processor SRAM for User Variables
- Single supply 5V power input (*3.3V possible – See ‘System Pins’ Section)
- Dedicated 3.3V 500mA power output for User
- Standard 0.1” (2.54mm) pitch male pin headers, breadboard compatible
- RoHS and REACH compliant
- PCB is UL 94V-0 Flammability Rated
- Weight approx. 8.0 grams