This sealed digital temperature probe lets you precisely measure temperatures in wet environments with a simple 1-Wire interface. The DS18B20 provides 9 to 12-bit (configurable) temperature readings over a 1-Wire interface, so that only one wire (and ground) needs to be connected from a central microprocessor. Power for reading, writing, and performing temperature conversions can be derived from the data line itself with no need for an external power source.
Because each DS18B20 contains a unique silicon serial number, multiple DS18B20s can exist on the same 1-Wire bus. This allows for placing temperature sensors in many different places. Applications where this feature is useful include HVAC environmental controls, sensing temperatures inside buildings, equipment or machinery, and process monitoring and control.
Note: The pinout for this sensor is as follows: RED=Vcc BLACK=GND WHITE=SIG
- 3.0-5.5V input voltage
- -55°C to +125°C temperature range
- ±0.5°C accuracy from -10°C to +85°C
- 1 Wire interface
- Probe is 7mm in diameter and roughly 26mm long. Overall length (including wire) is 6 feet.
- Thermometer resolution is programmable from 9 to 12 bits.
- Electrical performance: no flicker or breakdown within AC 1200V/1S ,within DC 500V the
insulation resistance shall be greater than 100MΩ