The BeagleBone Blue is the affordable and complete robotics controller built around the popular BeagleBone open hardware computer. Linux-enabled, the Blue is community-supported and fully open-source.
High-performance, flexible networking capabilities are coupled with a real-time capable Linux system and a compelling set of peripherals for building mobile robots quickly and affordably. Utilizing the pre-configured Wi-Fi access point, starting your code development is as simple as connecting a battery and opening your web browser.
BeagleBone Blue features an Octavo Systems OSD3358 System-in-Package microprocessor together with WiFi/Bluetooth, IMU/Barometer, power regulation, and state-of-charge LEDs for a 2-cell LiPo, H-Bridges, and discrete connectors for 4 DC motors+encoders, 8 servos, and all of the commonly-needed buses for additional peripherals in embedded applications.
- AM335x 1GHz ARM® Cortex-A8 processor
- 512MB DDR3 RAM
- 4GB 8-bit eMMC flash storage
- Integrated power management
- 2×32-bit 200-MHz programmable real-time units (PRUs)
- NEON floating-point accelerator
- ARM Cortex-M3
- USB2 client for power & communications, USB2 host
- Programmed with Debian Linux
- Battery support: 2-cell LiPo with balancing, LED state-of-charge monitor
- Charger input: 9-18V
- Wireless: 802.11bgn, Bluetooth 4.1 and BLE
- Motor control: 8 6V servo out, 4 bidirectional DC motor out, 4 quadrature encoder in
- Sensors: 9 axis IMU (accels, gyros, magnetometer), barometer, thermometer
- User interface: 11 user programmable LEDs, 2 user programmable buttons
- Easy connect JST interfaces for adding additional buses and peripherals including: GPS, DSM2 radio, UARTs, SPI, I2C, 1.8V analog, 3.3V GPIOs