The XBee3 Thing Plus is an ultra capable and easy way for getting into wireless device development. The combination of XBee and Qwiic in a space conscious design represents a much needed update to our XBee offering. With 20 I/O pins and Lithium Polymer Ion battery management, the XBee3 Thing Plus has all the basics for quickly prototyping or developing a connected device such as a remote sensor. The Qwiic connector and JST connector for the battery make for a solder-less option when working with the board which shortens setup time.
The new XBee3 Micro Module provides the classic all-but plug and play 802.15.4 2.4GHz wireless connection (Zigbee 3.0 Protocol) that makes it so desirable, but with a new addition of being programmable with MicroPython (32KB of memory available for it). RF data rates up to 250 Kbps and 200ft indoor ranges and up to 4000ft line-of-sight outdoor range. Communicating with/Configuring the module happens via an AT Command set or the Digi API, X-CTU, both locally or over-the-air. There's even a mobile version of X-CTU now; Digi XBee® Mobile.
This variation features a U.FL antenna connector for longer range communications. Check out the related products for compatible antennas.
- XBee3 Micro Module
- Silicon Labs EFR32MG SoC
- 250Kbps RF, 1Mbps Serial data rates
- Indoor/Urban range up to 200 ft (60 m)
- Outdoor/RF Line of Sight range up to 4000 ft (1200 m)
- +8 dBm transmit power
- -103 dBm receiver sensitivity
- UART, I2C, SPI Interfaces (SPI currently not available at this time, but broken out on the board)
- ISM 2.4GHz Frequency Band (802.15.4)
- 1MB of memory, 128KB RAM (32KB available for MicroPython)
- 20 GPIO Pins
- Configurable via X-CTU or AT Command set via both USB and Wirelessly (second XBee 3 device required for wireless configuration unless you're using the mobile app)
- Qwiic Compatible
- On-board charging circuit and connector for 3.3v Lithium Polymer Ion Batteries (see related products for compatible batteries)
- 2.6VDC - 3.6VDC supply voltage
- U.FL Antenna Connector