VS1063 is an easy-to-use, versatile encoder, decoder and codec for a multitude of audio formats. They can be hard to get hold of but we've got them!
The VS1063 contains a high-performance, proprietary, low-power DSP core as well as ROM memory, 16KiB instruction RAM and up to 80 KiB data RAM for user applications running simultaneously with any built-in decoder! There's built-in serial control and input data interfaces, up to 12 general purpose I/O pins, a UART, as well as specialized peripherals like a high-quality variable-sample-rate stereo DAC and a stereo ADC, followed by an earphone amplifier and a common voltage buffer.
VS1063 can act both as an MP3 decoder or encoder slave IC in a system with a microcontroller, or as a stand-alone circuit that boots from external SPI memory.
- Encoders: MP3; Ogg Vorbis; PCM; IMA ADPCM; G.711(µ-law,A-law); G.722 ADPCM
- Decoders: MP3 (MPEG 1 & 2 audio layer III (CBR +VBR +ABR)); MP2 (layer II) (optional); MPEG4/2 AAC-LC(+PNS), HE-AAC v2 (Level 3) (SBR + PS); Ogg Vorbis; FLAC; WMA 4.0/4.1/7/8/9 all profiles (5-384kbps); WAV (PCM, IMA ADPCM, G.711 µ-law/A- law, G.722 ADPCM)
- Full Duplex Codecs: PCM;G.711(µ-law,A-law);G.722ADPCM
- Streaming support
- Up to 96KiB RAM for user code and data
- Unique ID for user code protection
- Quiet power-on and power-off
- I2S interface for external DAC
- Serial control and data interfaces
- Can be used either as a slave co-processor or as a standalone processor
- UART for debugging purposes
- New functions may be added with soft- ware and up to 12 GPIO pins