The µLCD-144-G2(GFX) is a compact and cost effective display module using the latest state of the art LCD (TFT) technology with an embedded GOLDELOX-GFX2 graphics processor that delivers ‘stand-alone’ functionality to any project. Powerful graphics, text, image, animation and countless more features are built inside the GOLDELOX-GFX2 chip.
The module is designed to work out of the box and you are now ready to write your code in 4DGL (a high level 4D Graphics Language) using the 4DGL-Workshop3 IDE (editor, compiler, linker and downloader). This will save weeks even months of development time on your next embedded graphics project.
4DGL is a graphics oriented language allowing the developer to write applications in a high level language, syntax similar to popular languages such as BASIC, C and Pascal. The module offers modest but comprehensive I/O features that can interface to serial, analogue, digital, buttons, joystick, sound generation and Dallas 1-wire devices. In short, the µLCD-144-G2(GFX) offers one of the most flexible embedded graphics solutions available.
Note: This module is shipped with the "GFX" firmware. Either firmware can be loaded onto the device, however. For more information on reloading the firmware, see the 4D Systems product page below. Also, It's been brought to our attention that trying to program the 4D screens using an FTDI breakout can damage the driver. You'll need to use the FT232RQ USB to Serial which you can find in the related items below.
- 128xRGBx128 resolution, 65K true to life colors, LCD-TFT screen
- 1.44” diagonal size, 43 x 31 x 6.4mm. Active Area: 25.5mm x 26.5mm
- LED back lighting with greater than 150° viewing angle
- Easy 10 pin interface to any external device:
• 3.3Vout, IO2, GND, IO1, RESET, GND, RX, TX, +5V, 5V OUT
- Powered by the 4D-Labs GOLDELOX-GFX2 graphics processor highly optimized for 4DGL, the high level 4D Graphics Language.
- 2 x GPIO ports supports:
• Digital I/O
• A/D converter with 8/10 bit resolution
• Complex sound generation
• Dedicated RTTTL tune engine
• Multi-Switch Joystick
• Dallas 1-Wire
- 10K bytes of flash memory for user code storage and 510 bytes of RAM for user variables (255 x 16bit vars)
- Serial TTL interface with auto-baud feature (300 to 600K baud)
- On-board micro-SD memory card adaptor for storing of icons, images, animations, etc. Supports 64MB to 2GGB micro-SD as well as micro-SDHC memory cards starting from 4GB and above
- Comprehensive set of built in high level 4DGL graphics functions and algorithms that can draw lines, circles, text, and much more
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips
- Supports all available Windows fonts and characters (imported as external fonts)
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply)