The SyRen motor driver is one of the most versatile, efficient and easy to use motor drivers on the market.
Out of the box, the SyRen 50 can supply a single DC brushed motor with up to 50A continuously. Peak currents of 100A are achievable for a few seconds.
Overcurrent and thermal protection means you'll never have to worry about killing the driver with accidental stalls or by hooking up too big a motor.
With just one SyRen driver you can control a motor with: analog voltage, radio control, serial and packetized serial. You can build many different robots of increasing complexity for years to come with a SyRen.
The operating mode is set with the onboard DIP switches so there are no jumpers to lose. The SyRen features screw terminal connectors - making it possible for you to build a robot without even soldering.
SyRen is the first synchronous regenerative motor driver in its class. The regenerative topology means that your batteries get recharged whenever you command your robot to slow down or reverse. SyRen also allows you to make very fast stops and reverses - giving your robot a quick and nimble edge.
SyRen has a built in 5V BEC that can provide power to a microcontroller or R/C receiver. The lithium cutoff mode allows SyRen to operate safely with lithium ion and lithium polymer battery packs - the highest energy density batteries available.
SyRen's transistors are switched at ultrasonic speeds (32kHz), meaning no one will be able to hear your robot ninja army approaching.
Use of our motor drivers with cheap AC adapters is not recommended. Use a battery or at least put a battery in parallel with a DC supply.
- Combat robots up to 80lb
- Normal and hobby robots up to 250lb
- Differential drive robots
- Electric vehicles, ride-on toys, scooters
- Easy speed/direction control for pumps, conveyors, automation and any application that uses a brushed DC motor
- 50A continuous, 100A peak
- 6-30V nominal, 33.6V absolute maximum
- Synchronous regenerative drive
- Ultra-sonic switching frequency
- Thermal and overcurrent protection
- Lithium protection mode
- Input modes: Analog, R/C, simplified serial, packetized serial
- Size:76.5 x 89 x 33 mm(3.01 x 3.50 x 0.51")
- SyRen Dual 50A DC Motor Driver ×1