DFRobot WiFi Shield for Arduino, is part of our wireless family product. This WIFI Shield V3 supports AP + STA dual mode, and is extremely easy to connect to a home router network. You only need a mobile phone or Pad to log in the AP network of this module (similar way with some router configuration tool). After logging in the module and set the Wireless name, it is ready to connect the WIFI network (No AT command setup required, which is often very complex).
This module uses dynamic power management to achieve low power consumption capability (standby: &;lt;80uA; normal mode average: 8mA; peak: 200mA). This is especially useful in prototyping which not only demands low power consumption, but also requires a standby mode. The module provides UART(TTL) to IEEE802.11b/g/n wireless communication. IEEE802.11n is a newest wireless transmission protocol which features higher transmission speed, wider coverage, stronger compatibility and much more reliability. Currently many wireless electronic equipment manufacturers have been applying this standard (IEEE802.11n) to a large number of products. With this WIFI Shield, any device with UART can easily set up a wireless network and achieve remote management and controlling. This is an excellent choice for those with wireless communication compatibility issue.
- Working voltage: 5V
- Frequency range: 2.4 - 2.497GHz
- Output power: 16dBm
- Transmission rate: 54Mbps - 1Mbps
- Transmission distance: &;lt;400M
- Size: 55 × 53 × 11mm(2.16x2.09x0.43")
- Weight: 50g
- Support IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Support AP, Client, Gateway and UART to WLAN mode and so on
- Support DHCP, automatic access to IP; Support allocating IP to slave device in AP mode
- Support network protocol: TCP/ UDP/ ARP/ ICMP/ HTTP/ DNS/ DHCP
- Optional working modes: TCP Server/ TCP Client/ UDP; Support up to 32 Client in TCP Server mode
- Support most of WIFI encryption algorithm: WEP/ WAP-PSK/ WAP2-PSK/ WAPI; Type of encryption: WEP64/ WEP128/ TKIP/AES
- Support transparent UART/protocol data transmission mode; Up to 1M cache space; Highest baud rate: 460800bps
- Support UART(TTL) to wireless applications
- Drag down the level of the Reload IO pin for one sencod, you can restore factory settings. So do not worry about the wrong settings.
- Support running in AP mode and the node (Station) mode; The real hardware AP, so Android can directly access it.
- Provide AT command configuration
- Provide the friendly web configuration page, and can be configured by webpage
- Serial frame delay and the amount of data can be set.
- Support routing/bridge mode network architecture
- Designed by standard Arduino stack, and can be easily put on the standard Arduino, MEGA, Romeo board or shield
- Discussion and extended info ( Forum )