Bambu AMS, Automatic Material System
- Bambu Lab AMS is an intelligent system that communicates with the toolhead to guarantee smooth feeding and automatic mid-print filament switching. It can detect the tension on filament and actively adjust the feeding pace. With RFID technology, Bambu Lab AMS identifies filament loaded inside and automatically configures the most appropriate print settings.
- Bambu Lab AMS equipped with humidity sensors and with an airtight enclosure, it keeps the filament dry and ready to use, which is especially helpful for engineering grade materials such as nylon and polycarbonate, which are hydroscopic.
- Each Bambu Lab AMS is composed of 4 filament slots, and up to 4 AMS can be installed in parallel. With multiple filament slots at disposal, it's now possible to use snap-away support material or dissolvable filament to minimize the pain of removing supports
- Each AMS unit comes with 4 Reusable Spools (1 high temperature spool and 3 low temperature spools).
1. The AMS supports spools with a width of 50-68mm and the diameter of around 200mm. When operating the AMS, we recommend using Bambu Filament, which has been thoroughly tested to work with the AMS. If you purchase a single AMS unit, it will come with a filament buffer. If you plan to link multiple AMS units together, you will need to purchase the AMS Hub.
2. Avoid flexible materials with the AMS because they can get stuck. These include TPE, TPU, or damp PVA. Glow-in-the-dark, particle-infused, or filaments with carbon or glass fibers may be brittle and break inside the AMS, or be abrasive and prematurely wear the internal parts. BambuLabs PA-CF and PAHT-CF, however, have both been designed and tested to be AMS compatible.
3. Please try to avoid using cardboard spools with the AMS. The rollers inside the AMS control the rotation of the spools and they do so through the friction created between the plastic spool edge and the rubber rollers. Cardboard spools provide minimal friction, can tear or have warped edges, and will therefore slip or jam, causing failures or damage to the AMS.
If you want to learn more about the AMS, check out our Wiki article for an introduction, and our other articles related to it.
In the Box:
1x PC/ABS Alloy Material High Temperature Reusable Spool, 3x ABS Material Reusable Spool, 1x Filament Buffer, 1x Bus Cable - 4pin, 1x Bus Cable - 6pin, 2x Spare Filament Cutter, 3x M3*23 Screw, 1x PTFE Tube, 1x PTFE Tube Connector, 1x Instruction Manual
X1 Series, P1P
Product Size: 368*283*224mm
Packing Size: 445*365*320mm