The IQaudIO Pi-DigiAMP+ is the First HAT compliant Full-HD (192/24) HiFi quality DAC & up to 2x35w Class D amplifier for the Raspberry Pi. The DigiAMP+ turns your Raspberry Pi into a standalone Hi-Fi system. Use as the basis of a retro radio restoration, build a boom box, an in-car audio player or use as the basis of a kiosk / display solution.
Designed to deliver the best audio performance from the Raspberry Pi A+/B+/RPi2, fit within the Pi’s form factor and provide additional access to several of the Pi’s 40way I/O signals allowing easy addition of IR sensors, Rotary Encoder or i2c devices (such as OLED screens) etc.
The HAT uses the latest Texas Instruments chipset (TAS5756m) to deliver awesome performance from a single HAT board. As with our other products you can be assured that the Linux driver support is already built-in to Raspbian Linux (using the same device drivers as the Pi-DAC+) and supported by the many software audio packages already on the market. RuneAudio / Volumio / Moode / PiCorePlayer / PiMusicBox / OpenELEC and others. The IQaudIO Pi-DigiAMP+ easily supports 24-bit / 192kHz file formats but is equally at home with lower quality MP3s bringing your music alive sonically.
Please note that The Pi-DigiAMP+ uses GPIO22 as amp-mute and when powered on is in mute state, examples are in the user docs and many software releases already support the Pi-AMP+ in the same way.
The IQaudIO Pi-DigiAMP+ connects easily to the Raspberry Pi and provides up to 2 x 35w stereo output to speakers.
- HAT compliant accessory; EEPROM, mounting holes
- Full-HD audio – up to 24-bit/192kHz playback
- Up to 2x35w of crystal clear amplification
- No soldering required to your Raspberry Pi
- Integrated hardware volume control (via ALSA)
- Powers the Raspberry Pi from the Pi-DigiAMP+ power input
- Linux driver support already delivered within Raspbian
- AMP can be enabled / disabled via Raspberry Pi’s GPIO22
- Advanced ESD protection
- Uses the digital I2S audio signals to reduce CPU load over USB audio solutions