The SCD30 from Sensirion is a high quality Nondispersive Infrared (NDIR) based CO₂ sensor capable of detecting 400 to 10000ppm with an accuracy of ±(30ppm+3%). In order to improve accuracy the SCD30 has temperature and humidity sensing built-in, as well as commands to set the current altitude. For additional accuracy the SCD30 also accepts ambient pressure readings!
We've written an Arduino library to make reading the CO₂, humidity, and temperature very easy. It can be downloaded through the Arduino Library manager: search for 'SparkFun SCD30' or it can be found in the Documents tab above.
The SCD30 Humidity and Temperature Sensor can also be automatically detected, scanned, configured, and logged using the OpenLog Artemis datalogger system. No programming, soldering, or setup required!
Note: The SCD30 has an automatic self-calibration routine. Sensirion recommends 7 days of continuous readings with at least 1 hour a day of 'fresh air' for self-calibration to complete.
- Power supply voltage: 3.3V - 5.5V
- NDIR CO2 sensor technology
- Integrated temperature and humidity sensor
- Best performance-to-price ratio
- Dual-channel detection for superior stability
- Small form factor: 35 mm x 23 mm x 7 mm
- Measurement range: 400 ppm – 10.000 ppm
- Accuracy: ±(30 ppm + 3%)
- Current consumption: 19 mA @ 1 meas. per 2 s.
- Energy consumption: 120 mJ @ 1 measurement
- Fully calibrated and linearized
- Digital interface UART or I2C